Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Personal Reflection on Service-Learning




I'm going to be completely honest and say that when people use to talk to me about nature, and our environment it meant close to nothing to me. It all seemed extremely boring, and so when I thought about coming here all I thought we would be doing was taking walks in parks. But now that I have spent half a year in this program I can clearly see its so much more. And nature is one word that holds such great meaning. Because of Ryan Kinnett, Eric Rose-Phillips, OSU Extension, and others, I can truthfully say I care more about our environment. I never knew how much things effect our watershed, I also would have never been able to talk to you about plants. Fresh Start is great program, and with the support of OSU Extension it is an amazing program. Going out and being able to see what your learning about not just read about it is wonderful, I think I got more out of our field trips then I have all of middle school, and high school together.




Being taught how to care about nature, was a great experience, I plan on helping my own environment by keeping it clean of course, but also by checking on our local stream, making sure it doesn't have any trash that can pollute it. I would also like to stay in contact with Dan Hoynacki, so when ever he needs volunteer's for something, I'm always be willing to help.

No comments: